Sunday, June 7, 2009

In a cloud

It's foggy. Our house is sitting in a cloud. ....

It's a rainy Sunday morning and we're doing what any normal home-owning couple would do. We went to church last night, slept in this morning, made a pot of coffee, sat down and read the paper together. Now Nate's working on switching out an ugly cannon light above the shower for a more modern $10 upgrade we found at Menard's. I'm still in my PJ's waiting for my turn in the bathroom, dreaming of the pancakes and coffee we'll have in an hour or so. I hope it rains all day. My garden could use it, and my father-in-law is a farmer. I have a new-found appreciation for rain since being introduced to the agriculture world.

Here are some things I love about being a homeowner: (in no particular order)

* turning the music up as LOUD as I want- which creates an excellent ambiance for my culinary adventures, sewing projects, and cleaning extravaganzas.

* hearing my doorbell ring

* wearing my garden clogs out to OUR garden to check on the progress of our produce

* talking through the fence at the neighbor's elderly beagle. He sticks his long nose as far as he can through the posts and just looks at me.

* sitting on the front porch with a glass of sun tea freshly brewed that afternoon

* knowing that when we hang photos or art, it'll stay there for a long time!

* talking about a good day to "bug-bomb" our house. Not because of the bugs, but because having to figure out the day to do it means that WE own the house and it's our responsibility. :)


Oh yeah, I'm officially done with school for this year. Additionally, I'll be teaching 1st grade next year at the same school. I'm excited- and just maybe I'll get a few of the same little friends that I had this year. We'll see. I will tell you that I've had dreams about the size of my new classroom. No joke, it's about 1/4 the size of my current room. Eek! I'll just have to be really creative with my space!

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah blog post! SO happy you're happy, Darling! Sending you much love and hoping that you just keep discovering new things to love about owning your own home!

    Miss you lots!

    M

    ReplyDelete