Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Birthday, my love!

Today is Nate's 29th birthday. It's appropriate for me to recap the last few years with my sweetheart. Here are a few photos I found from our journey.
 
Our first camping trip together- Beaver Creek, Colorado with some amazing friends.

I left to do my student teaching in Milwaukee in 2007. Those 5 months apart brought us a lot closer and gave us a little push to make things work.
This photo was taken with our first purchase together: a digital camera.

Nate has been an incredible example, encourager, and friend. His God-given patience surpasses my human mind. I am continually inspired and challenged by him. He encourages me to BLOOM and create. He pushes me to do the things I love, and never judges or berates. I have learned to love myself, my heart, and have seen, by his example, how to love others unconditionally with intention.


One of the first things I loved about him was how intentional he is. He seeks people. He pushes after them and strives to encourage in the midst of adversary. Together we've grown closer to the Lord, we've purchased our first house, and have definitely built a home in which we feel an immeasurable peace that can only be of the Lord. I look forward to the road ahead. I expect trials and hardships. I hope for joys and abundant blessings. I know that standing side by side, keeping our eyes focused on the Father, our future will be a beautifully written story; one to share, encourage, and inspire.
 

Nate, thank you for loving me. You are a blessing! There could never be a more beautiful you!

Here's to the next 70 years, my sweet. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh well, THANKS A LOT! I'm sitting here crying b/c you two love each other so freakin' well. I don't mind admitting it, I meet only friends in Heather's comment room.

    I hope I get to know Nate better, what I know of him I love. For now, with the distance and all, it's enough to know that he cherishes you, Heather. Thank you Nate, and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete