Sunday, May 24, 2009

We're IN!!!

We're officially moved into our new house! It started Friday afternoon with both sets of parents and a lot of scrubbing and rolling. We painted 3 rooms- AWESOME colors (pictures to come), and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. I felt completely inept as I watched both moms going nuts with cleaning. I have a lot to learn! Dads worked on things like installing new (curved) shower curtains, fixing little glitches in the systems, rearranging pipes and vents for my new washer and dryer, etc. Later that night, my brother, Renae, Emily and Brian came to help. We shampooed carpets, painted second coats, and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned! It was a lot of fun to have everyone there.

Saturday morning, our wonderful crew showed up. All together we had 15 people helping us that morning with the big move. What a blessing! I've got to give props to my man- he worked his butt off! That man didn't stop, not even to eat, until it was done. I'm not surprised- he's wonderful. And I. LOVE. HIM. The rest of the day was spent unpacking boxes and trying to decide where things go. Nate and I feel so fortunate to be in this house and we can't wait to share it with the people we love. So, if you're in the area, stop by. I love to hear the doorbell ring. And if you're not in the area, then make plans because we love having people over. And we have a guest room already set up and ready to go. So now, you have no reason to stay away.

We're getting internet on Tuesday, so until then we're making the .51 mile (mapmyrun.com) trek to Mike's house to check our mail and get our facebook fix. More, my fix, I think. I don't know that Nate will even log in. Anyway, we love our house, we're ridiculously thankful for it, and we want to share it with you- so come over!

3 comments:

  1. Yayyyyy! I'm so excited! What are you doing later this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooooo.... i can't wait to see PICTURES!!! I'm so happy for the two of you, and I wish I could bring you a warm plate of cookies... you're too far. :( Love you, miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHH oh my goodness! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!! I wish SO MUCH that I were the 16th person helping you get settled, ugh. But even more so I'm looking forward to taking you up on your Hotel Eigsti offer someday!! Love you both very much! Happy homemaking!!!

    ReplyDelete