Monday, May 4, 2009

May Miy Muy Moy Mey

I have so much to write about. It kind of seems overwhelming, which may be why it's taken me so long to get a post going. I'm not at home, so I'll have to upload photos later.

Here's the last few weeks:







Nate and I ran our first race together. It was the "Novartis Run" that was either a 2 mile or 10k. We chose the 2 mile. :)



Nate's cousin was in town from Minnesota and came to cheer us on that morning.


Afterwords, we went to Las Margaritas for lunch and headed back to his parents' farm for the weekend. We did some 4-wheeling, ran around the farm and played croquet in the front yard. It was really great- my new family, great food, beautiful Nebraska spring days, and lots of relaxing!





























We've seen my parents a number of times as well- Easter was spent with them. It's always SO fun to go back home. Especially when my brother makes it the same weekend- it's a blast to have all of us together. Look at mom's giantic carrots!


We're closing on our house in 2 1/2 weeks. (!) We're so excited and have been picking out paint colors for a few rooms we're going to try to get done Friday. We've got some people volunteering to help- which is a great blessing. We're SO excited!

My best friend, Rissa, is getting married!! Tony flew up to Oregon to drive her back to NE and proposed by a waterfall on the way. From what I hear, it was pretty incredible. I was able to see her twice this last week- for her hooding ceremony from UNMC and her graduation party. I'm SO proud of her! Ann went with me to keep me company Thursday night so I wouldn't have to drive there by myself. What a pal!
School is winding down. I think we have 23-ish days left....which seems really crazy. It's been such a great year. My kids have p-u-s-h-e-d me! It's been a wonderful learning experience and I've fallen in love with every single one of them. They're funny! I have one little girl who waits in the office every day after school for her ride. I stepped into an administrators office which has glass windows facing the main office where the kids wait. My little girl was sitting in one of the chairs right next to the windows and was waving and smiling at me. Just when I said to Julie, "Isn't she cute!" I turned around and saw her little nose smashed up on the class leaving smears trailing as she dragged her nose down the window. THAT is an image I will have frozen in my mind for quite a while. :)

1 comment:

  1. I would like to say that picture is not really me, but....alas. I really must learn to keep my mouth closed :-/

    ReplyDelete