Thursday, October 9, 2008

Too stinkin' Cute

Many of you have heard of a small child in my room- the "Pint Size", I like to call him. He's from a middle-eastern country and has the cutest accent I've ever heard. Here's what happened today:

He likes to mess with things he isn't supposed to. He should have been sitting on the carpet like the rest of the students- but instead was standing next to our counter playing with my bell. It was a bit chaotic as everyone was just getting to and settling in for an afternoon story- a new book donated from a book-fair parent....

anyway, Pint Size was standing by the counter holding onto my silver bell that I tap with my hand for a nice "ding" when it's time for them to listen for instructions. Somehow he fumbled it out of his hands and it landed on the ground with a loud "ding"- at which point, he threw up his hands- fingers pointed, arms straight above his head and meeting in a swimmers starting position and in one fell swoop, he dove to the ground and started "swimming" across the carpet. The other students watched with bewildered expressions- glancing between the swimmer and myself to see what Mrs. E was going to do. I could barely keep myself together. The only thing I could say was, "Oh. My. Goodness."

These. moments. are. priceless.

I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment