Thursday, May 22, 2008

I know it's been a long time.....

I've been a lousy poster these last couple of weeks. My apologies.

I went back to see my parents for a couple of days earlier this week. I visited mom's preschool for the afternoon class. Whoever brought treats that day brought "Monkeys".....they were so stinkin' cute, I had to get a picture of them. Rice Krispie bars on a stick.....with monkey faces, of course. Because it was the last day of school, we also had hot dogs, chips and root beer floats. It was a good day!
Preschool graduation was Monday night. It went well- it was fun to see a lot of people from church that i haven't seen in a while. Example: this guy, who was welcoming everyone to graduation. And the kiddos did great- they had a few songs that they sang for their parents.
And Tuesday morning we set out to the three dress shops in town to see if we could hunt down my wedding dress. At the first store, I tried on 10 or so giant fluffy dresses and none of them were what I was looking for. So we moved onto the second stop. Sign in door read "closed on Tuesdays". Perfect. So, we crossed the street to store three. Sign on door read: "Closed. Will return around 1pm". It was 10am.

So, we grabbed coffee and spent the rest of the day shopping for flower arrangements and centerpiece ideas. I had no idea how many details there were to planning a wedding. Good grief!

We did make sure to stop at one of our favorite "hole-in-the-wall-restaurants", "Tastee Treat". Here we are waiting for our tastee beef sandwiches and chocolate malts!
At the end of the afternoon we went back home to have tea with dad on the deck. He was there. I do not, however, have a single photo of him. Sorry dad!
It was a successful trip, and it was so fun to spend some much-needed time with mom. I hope we'll have many more of these this summer as we continue planning for the best party of 2008!

1 comment:

  1. dang girl. 200. i'm honored to be part of a very important journaling milestone. We had fun having you here. i'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time before the boys know just how much fun you are. If not after Mem weekend, then for sure during the best party of '08!

    ReplyDelete