Tuesday, May 13, 2008

1 Week Down

123 days to go!

Nate and I are one week into the wedding planning hurricane- and it's been a whirlwind! We're just SO EXCITED about our engagement and are looking forward to many of the plans and details, but are also quickly understanding just how crazy our lives will be for the next 4 months (from today!).

I've had a couple of meltdowns already- mostly because of a lack of sleep from working and planning and making phone calls to vendors and friends, and the building of a plethora of emotions....all bottled up...it's a lot to handle! And, as many of you know, I have a very soft heart- and I feel SO DEEPLY......I'm emotional, to say the least. So, it's no surprise that I've shed a few tears already. :)

This week we booked a reception hall, nailed down the church and date and now we're beginning to get more organized and we finally feel like we might just know what we're doing. At least we have an idea of which direction to head....the first week I felt like I was completely feeling through the dark!

So, we're excited, simply put. "Excited" doesn't even scratch the surface. We're thrilled.... :) I can't wait to be Nate's wife. We've been advised to enjoy the engagement process- so we're focusing on that.

I've got to get going- there's coffee to be sold. Hopefully I'll be writing again soon- I'll try to keep you updated on our process!!!

4 comments:

  1. Scipp- We are so thrilled for you too! Glad we have your blog to keep up to date! I can remember feeling all the emotions you are now...I think meltdowns are typical and good to have every once in a while:) Love and miss ya
    -The Brownies (Jamie and Ryan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for meltdowns, it does a body good. My suggestion? Cry in the shower, it's perfect. You'll lose track of what's tears and what's water, AND no runny mascara dilemmas, b/c you can wash it right off!!! Let's just say that I was squeaky clean before I left for San Diego...meltdown city!

    here's a little pick-you-up...guess who just booked her plane tix back for someone's wedding today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRL. WOW 4 months!!! if anyone can do it, it's you!!! Can't wait to hear how things are comin along, I'll send you an email right now with the flower info. =) Love you. Love you guys. Love weddings. =)

    ReplyDelete