Tuesday, March 4, 2008

ENFP-ISTJ

It's been far too long. I apologize for the lack of posting. No excuse, really.

I've been subbing nearly every day.

I'm working 3 or 4 nights a week at the coffee shop- and am being moved to another location which is a bit closer to my house. I think this is a good move, although I am going to miss my downtown location a lot. I have developed some fantastic relationships with customers and co-workers there- it will be sad to leave them.

Nate and I finished our 8-week class at church this past Sunday. We took the Myers-Briggs personality evaluations at the beginning of the course and got them back on Sunday. We have now confirmed what we strongly suspected: we are polar opposites. It was fun to read through our differences and make connections- "oh THAT'S why he does that..."- and the class leader assured the group that although differences bring challenges into relationships, they are also helpful in finding a healthy balance. So- I'm encouraged and not even one bit scared that we're so different. Just makes things more interesting! :)

Here's our results- guess who's who!

ISTJ
Quiet, serious, earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and responsible. Decide logically what should be done and work toward it steadily, regardless of distractions. Take pleasure in making everything orderly and organized – their work, their home, their life. Value traditions and loyalty.

ENFP
Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.

No comments:

Post a Comment