Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Kites will fly in the skies.

I'm home today with a new box of Kleenex with aloe, a bottle of vapo rub, a fresh mug of hot tea, and a new book. My best friend in the world, Rissa, gave me a book of hers about a year ago. She raved about "The Kite Runner" and said I needed to read it. I knew it must be good, because my dear friend is in school at UNMC and doesn't have a lot of time for leisurely reading. So, months later, I picked it up and have been captivated by the young characters. I'm about a third of the way through and decided to look at the trailer- I remember hearing that the book was made into a movie just this past fall. I will post the trailer here for you.



My friend, Melissa's, mother, teaches her students to always read the book first because your imagination has room to explore and create. If you see the movie first, that's how you'll imagine the characters and story as you read the book. So I'm reading the book first- and then may convince my sweet man to curl up to watch the movie with me in a couple of weeks.

In other news, things continue to go well in my life. I did stay home from teaching today and found someone to work my shift tonight at the coffee shop. I didn't feel like blowing my nose between beverages or straining myself to talk over a classroom full of unfamiliar students. Maybe tomorrow. Although, Nate is feeling really crummy today and he seems to be a day ahead of me as far as symptoms go- so we'll see what tomorrow has in store.

Hope most of you were able to enjoy the 40-something degree weather today. It was beautiful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment