Monday, March 24, 2008

post. i will post.

I have been a pretty crummy poster as of late. Would you agree? Yes? Thought so.

I was at my parents' house for Easter. My brother and I drove up Friday afternoon and Nate joined us later Saturday. It was such a blessing to have everyone there- although, this new-found dilemma of whose parents to spend the holidays with is something with which neither Nate nor I are familiar- something to be handled very carefully and delicately- a new art to learn. We did miss being with his family this weekend- but will hopefully see them very soon.

We enjoyed our time at my parents house- the Easter bunny stopped by and dropped off a few small gifts- it was a female Easter bunny- mom said she saw a pink pony-tail as she was hopping away. None of the rest of us saw her- but the gifts were enough to know she is real. :)

Because I don't have a camera- and my brother and mom are the only ones that took photos this weekend, this is the only one I have of Easter so far. We both look really great. :)
I've been substitute teaching nearly every day. This week is our spring break, so I have a lot of time during the day. The new coffee shop should be opening up soon- so I can start working there again soon- hopefully.

I also inherited my grandmother's sewing machine- a singer that's been opened and looked at, but never used. She said her eyes are getting too bad and she just won't use it. So last night I sat with my laptop in bed with me perusing ideas for something to make. I've sewn before- grade school and high school led to a few blankets and skirts- and more recently I made Nate a quilt for Christmas. Always easy patterns, however. So now, I'll start easy once again and see what my little hands can create. I'm excited to start exploring a new hobby.... :)

Last night I had a dream that I've never had before- that I could fly. It was incredible. Although, unless I continued to gather clouds in my arms, I would run out of flying power and coast on my arms to the ground. The clouds must have served as my fuel. Nate's talked repeatedly of flying dreams- which I had never, until now, experienced. Brook, Joie and Renae were also in the dream and we were discussing real estate -and I was moving into the dorms with Renae. Then I flew away. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment