Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Would You Change Me From My Stubborn Ways

I'm sitting home from substitute teaching- day 2. I'm loving it. I love teaching, but my time off, at home, baking (whole-wheat nut bread today) is what really rejuvenates me. I guess I do need time to myself after all. :)

My roommate, Kristin, commented on how whenever I'm home, seldom though it is, something seems to be baking. I told her, "Girl, if you leave me home for an afternoon, there will be baking." I guess I'm following closely in the footsteps of my mother. This is a good thing. I do warn Nate that if he keeps hanging out with me, he may gain a few pounds. Although, I do try to be conscious of most of my recipes...adding natural, raw, and whole-wheat ingredients whenever possible. There is something to be said, however, for those good ol' classic recipes that have been handed down from mom to mom, or church lady to other ladies' aid member. Sometimes those are the best recipes- and they don't offer a lot of nutritional value. Something I really appreciate about Nate is that he's OK with that. We're both health-conscious, but don't turn our noses up to a good meal. Sometimes, a plethora of calories is inevitable, and that's just fine by me!

My good buddy, Logan, is headed over for lunch today. We've been friends since our early years in college- and it's time to catch up over some lunch and coffee. This is another reason why days off are so stinkin' great.

No comments:

Post a Comment