Saturday, December 15, 2007

Pillippians 4:4

This morning I went to Target at 6:30 to meet up with a bunch of teachers from the area. An anonymous donor gives a plethora of money every year for the underprivileged children in our district. Their parents bring them to Target and each child gets to spend up to $50 on gifts for themselves. Once the families started coming, we were matched up with kids and their parents from our schools and went around with them helping to fill shopping carts with toys and clothes. What an awesome holiday experience! It was so fun to see their faces and talk to the parents as we walked around. I'm so thankful for the person who is generous enough to give thousands of dollars to these children every single year. What a blessing!!

Here's what it looks like outside our windows here.....I went out for dinner with my cooperating teacher, Kathy- (from 5th grade) and my supervisor, Jenny- the person who came to observe my lessons and met with me weekly to make sure I was doing ok in my placements.... It was so fun to see them again. The picture turned out a bit blurry- but I wanted to get it up because I know they both read my blog! :) AND because I talk about them a lot to people back home- so now you can put a face with the stories. Two of my favorite people here in Milwaukee!!!! I WILL miss these two....
I'm off to pack this afternoon. I'm getting so excited to be home. Now that the end is near, I'm letting myself get really excited. I told myself, "Once the date is within the 10-day forecast, THEN you can get excited." Only 5 days!!!!

Also, here's a picture of my man, Gina and Megan that I stole from Gina's blog. Isn't he cute? ( I guess the girls are nice too....) They're in NYC this weekend having a blast! And at the end of this week we'll all be together again, which makes me SO HAPPY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment