Sunday, December 9, 2007

Michigan Take 2

I went to Michigan again this weekend to visit Martha and Ryan. I picked her sister, Erin, up at the airport in Chicago on the way and we arrived late Friday. It was a great weekend...we were hoping the boys would be born before I went to visit- so I could meet the famous Thomas Twins, but God has a different plan. Martha's doing great- ready to hold her babes I'm sure, but not complaining a bit. What a trooper! She looks pretty good for 8 1/2 months pregnant with twins, hey? Martha casted her belly a month ago....I can't even imagine!
Erin and I
Here's Erin, Marth and I.....somewhere. I'm not sure where we were headed at this point.
This is my new haircut- just new on Wednesday. NOT done by Marth- for the first time in years, but I won the cut at a MK party.....long story. Turned out cute though.
During the shopping extravaganza with Suzie (Ryan's mom), we found ourselves in the hat department trying on some FABULOUS hats.....
I could definitely see all three of us as "hat women" at church.....wouldn't it be great?!
And here's Joe's blueberry buttermilk waffles that we had this morning. Michigan blueberries are the BEST! He likes to put one in each square.... :) What a good idea.

We also had a visit from Chris on Saturday morning. He just happened to be visiting some good friends who live a half hour away from the Thomas family - so he came over for a quick visit and breakfast. It was wonderful to see him, as always.

Coming home reminded me of how important community is. Ryan, Martha, Erin, and Chris, have all played pivotal roles in my life as a follower of Christ. They've encouraged and uplifted me through some of my hardest seasons. I realized the lack of that in my life lately, but am beginning to understand how vital it is regardless of geographic location. No matter what, we need to encourage each other. We need to be praying and lifting up people we love. Regardless of how far away we are, we must stay committed to one another; we need to pray, we need to call and encourage, we need to send notes and let people know we're thinking of them.....

This is our role as brothers and sisters. We need to take care of one another. It is so incredibly important.

No comments:

Post a Comment