Monday, December 17, 2007

Airport Adventures

My good friend, Carissa had a 3 hour layover at the Milwaukee airport yesterday, so I went to have coffee with her. It was SO GOOD to catch up. She's one of my inspirations in life. We're both crazy about writing and literature and have very kindrid spirits. We laughed really hard and talked about everything we could think of. I am so thankful for her friendship and really greatful that we had that time together on Sunday. God's timing was perfect!!!We also grabbed a bite to eat.
We very childishly created a bun-man....he was very messy.
I left her there around 5:30pm and went to visit my 3rd grade teacher and her family, who now live close to Milwaukee. Her husband works for one of the airlines. That evening, while I was at their house, Nate called to let me know that his delayed flights from New York to Detroit and finally to Omaha had been redirected to Milwaukee....but he said, "Don't get your hopes up- we'll only be there long enough to switch flights...." So, I told this to Kevin and he said, "Oh, that's no problem. We can get you there- you can surprise him tonight!"

SO, we figured out the flight times, how much time I would have between flights to visit with him and decided it was worth going for. Nate and Megan (my roommate in NE) were totally surprised when they saw me there- we were only able to spend 20 or so minutes together, but it was just such a blessing to get hugs and visit with them for a moment. Here are a couple of pictures:
Nate and I
Megan and I

The poor kids had been traveling all day and had been pushed back with delay after delay. They were exhausted and ready to get back home. I know my heart was blessed immensely by their presence....can't wait to be back home!

Talk about God's timing! I'd been to the airport already and familiarized myself with the area earlier with Carissa. I ended up at the airport man's house just when I needed to be finding out which flights Nate was on.....and the airport was directly on the way home from their house. God was watching out for me and wanted to give me a little extra push of encouragement before I finish up my time here- I'm sure of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment