Thursday, November 22, 2007

I know that I've got no place to be

Actually, I do have a place to be....and that is right here in good old Nebraska. I am home. And I love it.

Today is Thanksgiving. In the midst of the confusion, irregularity and lonely moments in life this fall, I find no difficulty in being thankful for so many things. Being here, with my people brings a life to my heart that just cannot be explained. Knowing that my mother and father are two simple hours away; that my brother is just across town; that Nate is six minutes down the road; that grandparents are close enough to visit and friends are available for coffee....these realizations calm my heart.

This year, I have so many things to be thankful for- but the thing that stands out most is being home. Being home means I'm here; that they're here; and that life is a lot more doable with the people you love.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment