Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'll be Home for Christmas

I've arrived back in Milwaukee- from a simply beautiful Thanksgiving weekend with my family and Nathan. I'm physically back in Wisconsin for my last leg of the journey here- but my heart still aches and tears stream quickly down my cheeks as I sit here wishing so badly to be home.

Three weeks is nothing. That's what I keep trying to tell myself. "It's like a vacation"- the words Jason, Nate's brother, said to reassure me in the car on our way away from home today. I pray they go quickly. I love my aunt and uncle and what they've provided for me here- I truly do appreciate everything they've done. But my heart is in Nebraska. The people I love wait there for me and as loneliness sets in once again- I can't help but feel completely incomplete being here without those who are so important to me.

On a less somber note, thanksgiving was wonderful. Nate and I spent the weekend "yo-yo-ing" from his family to mine and back to his again. We spent much-needed time with family and had time together during the drives between towns. I was able to experience my first "other family" thanksgiving- he had his first "black Friday" morning with my mom and I, and I learned to play the Wii and had their famous family tacos on Saturday night. It was so good for my heart to be surrounded by family. My heart has been rejuvenated and I'm ready to push through these last couple of weeks.....although, tonight I am already feeling very homesick.

I've got to get working. Lesson plans to write.....children to teach tomorrow. This is why I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment