Friday, February 2, 2007

A Visit from a Friend

My dearest friend, Rissa, is coming to visit today. We've gone to school since Kindergarten together. I've rented "Little Miss Sunshine" to curl up to tonight in pj's and hot tea...she's the type of friend that is great to just "be" with. We don't need extravagant plans or fancy restaurants. We'll laugh for hours just reminiscing of past years....it's so great.

I'm starting a new book today. It's our February book for the book group I'm in, "The History of Love" by Nicole Krauss. One thing I really enjoy about our group is that every month our book has a theme appropriate to that month's holidays. This month, February, is the month of love, so we're reading a book about love. September = "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close- Johnathan Safran Foer, book about 9/11, October = "Wicked"- Johnathan Gregory, the wicked witch of the west, halloween....you get the idea.

The tea kettle is on, I've changed into comfy clothes, and I'm ready to start my new book! Have a wonderful day, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment