Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! 1-1-11

This afternoon, my wonderful husband Nate worked a little magic and set up a mini photo shoot in my craft room. Here are a few of the results- they turned out beautifully!






He is so talented and I'm really thankful that we have moments like this captured. We feel beyond blessed to still be carrying this little girl and look forward to her arrival in 9-ish short weeks!

With the new year, I have many goals and hopes for 2011. I dream daily about what life will be like with our little girl living here with us. My heart still aches when I think of little Oliver and the lack of his physical presence in our home. Looking back on 2010, I recall many MANY blessings, but have a hard time seeing around the hurt of losing Oliver. We've grown stronger because of that season and we have seen God's hand at work through that heartache. But the hole in our family will always be there.

On Christmas I couldn't help but think of what his Christmas celebration looked like- so much brighter, more majestic, celebrating with JESUS himself. Some day we'll be there with them, and that will be a wonderful Christmas indeed.

As far as little E goes, I can't stop shopping for her! Her room is cleaned out, painted, decorated and ready for baby showers coming up this month. She is such a joy to us already! We can't wait to meet her. I'm feeling all kinds of squirms, foot jabs, wiggles....it's so fun! We refer to her by name when we're at home and we're trying really hard not to let it slip. So far, so good!

I love these belly photos. They're one more reminder of our little miracle and the fact that God has allowed us to keep her this long. We hold her with open hands, knowing that HIS plan is divine. However, we really hope that He lets us keep her for a long time. We're so excited and looking forward to 2011- the year we welcome our little girl into the world!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are great! Nate...you have talent! I have been thinking about Christmas with baby Epp and Lily just as you have been with Oliver. How blessed are we that we have such hope! I continue to pray for you, Nate and baby girl E. She will be here before you know it! Happy New Year, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NINE WEEKS!!! woooop woop! Love every picture. these are SO great. can't stop looking at them....could be the motherly glow =)

    ReplyDelete