Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Days!!!

We’ve had 2 snow days this week. That’s right, TWO! Yesterday I spent the day in my pajamas working on projects on the couch. I’m embroidering some gifts and got quite a few of them finished. I worked on some hats, separated old yarn projects and rolled extra yarn into balls (you yarn-heads understand the tediousness of this task!)

I also worked on burp rags for our little girl!!! The worst part of these for me is the cutting. I hate to measure. I hate following the rules- but in order for these to turn out right, some measuring and cutting on the lines is required. I used my new pinking shears for these gems and have a nice little pile to stitch together later this week. The worst part is over!

My sweet little Charlie kept me company all afternoon- shifting on the floor as the sun moved across the sky. What a doll.

Here’s a little turtle for our sweet gal. I can’t figure out how to turn this photo. That will have to happen after Nate comes home. Smile

And a bird: I still have to stitch around the edges and make the legs. I think he’s pretty cute.
And this tree was kind of an afterthought, but it turned out to be my favorite. First I cut the trunk and circles out of fabric that I used to make a quilt for Nate in 2007 for Christmas- before we were even engaged. I loved the idea of using “dad’s” fabric for a shirt for his little girl. Plus, I really loved the greens together. After all, spring is just around the corner!

 

Anyway, then I arranged the “leaves” several times before it looked the way I wanted.

Next I ironed on the leaves and trunk and then started to play with different embellishments. Usually I embroider around the edges of my iron-on patterns. But then I saw the buttons. Oh, the buttons!

I loved how it turned out. They look like little berries on the tree.I love snow days- and these two have been very productive!

 

We’re at 32 weeks and 2 days. Less than 8 to go! Every day we get more and more excited for our little girl. I have a baby shower this Saturday and I’m really looking forward to seeing friends and family from out of town! Hooray for everything Baby Eigsti!!! We are SO THANKFUL!!!!

5 comments:

  1. So adorable! You are so creative...a girl after my own heart. Amazing how three kids have cramped that for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooo fun, mama Heather!! Love the fabrics and designs you chose. What a blessed lil girl to have such a fun mama! Makes me miss you. We're elated that her arrival date is soon approaching!! Oh the anticipation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the turtle and the tree. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes....you should start working on outfits for her that are BIGGER. cause they're only small for ....not very long. hahahahaaa =) LOVE the tree. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete