Monday, March 1, 2010

no title today.

A coworker and friend, Becky, came to school today and said, "Guess what I did for 2 hours Friday night..." Bowling, Checkers....I had no idea. Her response: "Read your blog." I was baffled. Was it really that good?

So tonight I went back to 2007 and perused through some of my old posts. It made me miss my college self- I was witty. I was hilarious. I made myself laugh out loud. I am proud of who I was. And wondered where she went. Maybe she's still around....just a little older and more refined. Refined. Ha.

My goal now is to get back to that creative, literary mindset. READ! Write! Sit at a coffee shop simply to....be at a coffee shop. Pretend to be a queen for a day, throw worms in the rain, smell and listen and feel the seasons like I used to.

Now it seems like life is just too fast. It's hard to remember to slow down and experience life. It's easy to go through the motions and forget about the joys and passions that I have. So....I will try to let myself be a little more free. Free to be ridiculous. Free to be hilarious. Free to suck all the marrow out of life. And for heaven's sake- spring and rainstorms are just around the corner- this shouldn't be difficult!

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to "seeing" the refined ridiculous of the new you-old you juxtaposition! It'll be grand, glorious, and... fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...reading thru your old posts sounds like a fabulous idea! haaa Maybe you can throw a worm all the way to mich!

    SIGH. You still ARE all those things you said, and you can make me laugh like no one else can...except for maybe James and Logues. Haaaa. Can't wait to read what will come soon then!

    ReplyDelete