Monday, March 23, 2009

God blesses our home.

I haven't blogged for a long time. Let me rephrase: I haven't blogged consistently for a long time. My first year of teaching has definitely been an adventure. People say that your first year is the hardest year of teaching you'll ever have. If that's the case, then I'm in for a treat. It wasn't easy by any means- but it wasn't anything that completely shook my ground. It was hard. I've been tired for 8 months. And I've done more coloring and cutting this year than my entire 24 years prior combined. But I'm stronger for it. I have 22 little people that I simply adore and incredible coworkers to boot. I can grasp the idea of 5 year old children. I have the school year mapped out in my head and quite frankly, feel like I could do a heck of a lot better next time around. How was your first year, Heather? Fantastic. Outstanding. A true blessing.

In other news, we're still waiting to hear the closing date on our house. Latest will be the end of May. There's a slight, very slight chance that we could move end of April. We told ourselves we wouldn't get excited for April; that it wouldn't even be an option until we heard for sure from them. Well, I've failed. I've completely set my heart on April and can't wait to move into our new home. I may be sorely disappointed this week, or I may be on my knees packing books and extra kitchen accessories in last Sunday's Celebrate section of the Journal Star. I'm hoping for the latter. I'll let you know.

My good friend, Brook, is staying here for a few days this week. I'm pumped, to say the least. I love having people here. I love washing the sheets and stretching them over the guest room bed for a friend. I don't know about you, but I simply fall apart when I slide my legs under freshly laundered sheets. My husband still can't decide if he can tell the difference. Maybe it's the combination of fresh sheets and smooth legs. I'm not sure. Either way, clean sheets= euphoric wiggling. I love it.

Did I mention I'm on spring break this week? That's why I have time to blog. FYI.

I'm off for now. The windows are open, we're expecting thunderstorms today- and my man will be home for lunch. This is a great way to live!

2 comments:

  1. SPRING BREAK!!!!!!!!!! Can I have one??? Oh my gosh, I'm so excited for you, thunderstorms and lunches and naps and reading and movies and staying up late, it's what it's all about. I would KILL to be in town right now to spend a whole day with you helping you color or cut out all those things.
    Thank you for all the (ahem) inspring messages, they make me laugh!

    Miss you so much, I'm back in May and I can't even wait to see you. Let's plan ahead next month so we can be 100% sure not to miss one another. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanna spread some sheets out for me?

    still workin on a plan...

    ReplyDelete