Friday, November 14, 2008

Just Stay Close

My Kindergarten kiddos are.....precious. And crazy. And really wound up today.

Earlier this week someone told me,
"Mrs. Eigsti, I went to the zoo yesterday"
"Really? What animals did you see?"
"The crackadillos"
"No kidding? Wow! What did it look like!?"

no response.

At recess yesterday another one was twirling a long black something in his hands, wrapping it around his wrists and telling me a story. I stopped him and said, "What are you playing with?"
"A rope."

I took it from his hands and saw that it was one of our Sudanese girls' braided hair extensions! I started laughing so hard- then I pocketed it (I couldn't let a child continue playing with someone's braided hair that he found on the playground!) and I preceded to hide it on Susan's keyboard for her to find later in the day. :) What a surprise!

Life is good. My mom and her Bible study girls are coming tonight to go to a Mercy Me and Bebo Norman concert with Nate, Ann and I. I'm really excited to see everyone. The music will be great too....

AND, I joined the church choir and have found my heart to be flittering every time I think of the music. Singing with people of all ages and walks of life- hearing all the harmonies together- it does something for my heart that I've not found anywhere else. It's like I can literally feel it swelling with joy.....something strange and difficult to explain. All I know is that I love singing and I'm super excited to be part of the choir. :)

2 comments:

  1. ooooo that sounds awesome! I am forgetting where you two go to church...wait...Grace Chapel? Choir singing is awesome! Especially around the holidays. Love hearing your stories about school! :)

    ReplyDelete