Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's you that I hold onto.

That post was started yesterday afternoon- interrupted by a very pleasant surprise. I was at Scoot's, looking out our front windows and saw my parents pull up in their car! They live 2 hours away, so I never expect to see them roll into the coffee shop unannounced. Maddie was with them. :) Maddie is their 7 (maybe 8) year old Golden Retriever, who has become as much a part of the family as my brother or myself.

So, they stayed at Scooters for quite a while- enjoying the outdoor patio and some black tea. I popped in and out when I could- between customers. I worked a few more hours and then met Nate at my house to make dinner for my mom. Dad, Maddie, my brother James, and a couple of buddies were headed out for a night of camping at Branched Oak. Mom was staying with me. Surprise!!! :) I was so excited.

Nate made a fantastic dinner of Butterfly chops, steamed green beans, fetta, basil and fennel (I know, sounds strange- but it was great), and mushroom and pine nut cous-cous, one of our favorite foods. We ate out on the deck, the weather was beautiful, and the company was fantastic.

After dinner we went to my new classroom- I couldn't wait to show mom my new space. They helped me for hours and hours- arranging and rearranging. We didn't get home until midnight and I think I was the most exhausted of us all. I was so thankful for their help. :)

1 comment:

  1. girl...he can COOK! You guys should totally get married.

    Your parents are awesome. Can't wait to see em. =)

    ReplyDelete