Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back to School!

Today is the day when all the teachers go back to school.....but not me!!! I'll admit, I feel a little left out. A little. I will miss my friends at work; the friendly hallway banter, breakfast together on plan days, arguing over where to go for lunch, setting up a classroom and labeling crayon boxes for each student, things like that. But I'm SO EXCITED to be staying home this year with my little Lucy love. I feel really blessed to be staying with her today and not dropping her off at a daycare somewhere. I'm very happy with the decision we've made.


Summer seems to have gone by quickly, but not quite quickly enough for this fall-lover! I CANNOT WAIT for fall weather. I love everything about it: the food, the smells, the candles and lotions, long sleeves, cuddly clothes, more blankets, hot beverages, crisp air, rustling leaves, the colors on the trees, crockpots full of CHILI, baking, open windows, harvest at the farm, FOOTBALL SEASON (!), the excitement of upcoming holidays….everything. I love it all.



But in light of living in the moment, here are some more pictures from this summer:



Discovering flowers (and how to tear them apart).


IMG_7720


Learning to eat food!


IMG_7756


Curly hair- so cute!


IMG_7766


Swinging with Grandpa E on the farm. This made her VERY sleepy!


IMG_7759


Wearing mom’s hat


IMG_7781


Getting new photos for our new website. (!)


IMG_7782


And we can’t forget about Mr. Charlie.


IMG_7734


My dear friend, Meg, came up with a dinner night called “We MexiCAN go out for dinner” or something equally cute. Her challenge for the evening was a free margarita to womever wore the "loudest" shirt. These were the top two “tops”:


Meg and Nate


IMG_0022


Lucy laughed when she saw what he was wearing. And in July! Dad, how embarrassing!


IMG_0017


Here’s part of the crew. Notice James is wearing a "taco" shirt. Very appropriate.


IMG_0024


Lucy doesn’t know how gross that ball is….thankfully, it was just out of reach! (but not for long)


IMG_0028


Taking a break from playing. These two are best buddies.


IMG_0031


Lucy went to her first swimming party Sunday night.


IMG_0057


She was pretty impartial to the whole experience. Take it or leave it. IMG_0054


But she loved snuggling with Dad in a nice warm towel.


IMG_0066


We didn’t even make it three houses down before she fell asleep in the car on the way home. Swimming is EXHAUSTING! Especially for little first-timers.



I’m running in my first ever 5k race this Saturday. I’ll let you know how it goes. I’m really excited! Pictures to come!


Happy Tuesday, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I share your love for fall. You pretty much summed up all my favorites! Lucy is looking cute as ever. You are, too. Good luck on the race! Work it, girl!

    ReplyDelete