Thursday, July 21, 2011

SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Lucy’s been enjoying summer- as you can see here:IMG_7627

We’ve had about a week of fusser-than-normal moments, restless nights, crying for no apparent reason….and I kept feeling her gums wondering if she was teething. After all, I’ve never had a teething baby before, I only know so many things to look for before I write it off. Well, yesterday she was chewing on my knuckle, one of her favorite things to do, when I felt a sharp little poke. And sure enough- THESE were popping through!IMG_7683IMG_7680

One of them is farther than the other, but they’re both definitely through!! I swear I check every day to see if there’s anything there. And yesterday, all of a sudden! People told me she’d grow up fast, but this is ridiculous!

 

Other fun things:

playing with the mirror before bath time every night.

IMG_7613

Chewing on fingers.

IMG_7681

Playing with mom and Charlie.

IMG_7685

Kicking Charlie’s face. (He’s a VERY good sport).

IMG_7686

Cooking with Grandma Tutu

IMG_7641

Visits to Norfolk to see Great Grandma and Great Grandpa

IMG_0030

IMG_0033

My mom came to visit and stayed for a few days. We made some gifts for friends’ birthdays. They’re my newest homemade gift idea- coasters! They’re very cute and practical!

IMG_7643

Here’s the design we have at our house.

IMG_7634

These were for a friend (clearly). The pattern was foreign currency. He loves games like “Settlers of Catan” and “Ticket to Ride”. It was perfect for him.

IMG_7630

I also whipped up this banner for a baby shower we had here for my good friend, Maggi. I used mostly vintage fabrics from Nate’s Grandma and mom. I loved the colors and I love that they have a history! Now they’ll help us celebrate birthdays and other fun events in our home.

IMG_7644

Here’s the girls, minus Shari. We had a great time! And little E is going to be SO CUTE!!! We just can’t wait to meet her!

IMG_7647

Also my brother James, who is a stellar graphic design artist, created some “bag tags” for my business. They’re so cute- I LOVE the logo he’s designed for us. Check out his other work- he’s good. Very good. And he’s nice too, so you can’t beat that!

IMG_7638

If you’re in the market for a new logo or other graphic work, look him up. You won’t be disappointed, I promise.

 

Well….that’s about it. We’re staying inside where it’s nice and cool. Temps have been crazy high here. It’s too hot to even run outside at night. I’m bummed about that. I was really getting into a good groove. I might have to look into a gym membership for a few months if it stays this hot. I have a race coming up in the next month and I need to be ready! It’ll be my very first 5k and I’m really excited. And to be honest, I’m proud of myself. I’ve never stuck with it for this long before. Hooray for new hobbies!!!

 

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment