Thursday, February 4, 2010

1st grade poetry

We just started poetry last week. Here are a few gems from one of my 1st graders.

Hamburger
I'm hot and tasty
on a bed of bread
covered with yellow and red
sitting on pickles
make sad
eat me all gone.

Spider
Crawl up rooms
doing a wacky dance
in the spotlight

Vacuum
Eat up dirt
yum yum yum

Mrs. Eigsti
Got treats
birthday breakfast
got treats
eat pancakes
have pop tarts
have cereal

Scratch
Scratch on my face
scratch right there
eye scratched
little tree makes
my face bleed

School Bus
Ride the bus
a bus
in my seat
the radio is all gone.



I'm guessing that the school bus was too noisy so the driver turned the music off. :) I'll post some more soon. These poems make my world a little more delightful- one line at a time!

Happy Thursday, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH. I got SO EXCITED even before I read this post, I felt a thrill down to my toes. These are HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! The one about you is my favorite, what do those things have to do with anything??? I loooooooorve it. Wacky dance.

    LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is hilarious. Josh and I are laughing at them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!! so funny. can't keep a straight face all day I bet! ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. favorites: spider and school bus. adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete