Monday, October 1, 2007

Back from my home

I had a wonderful weekend in Nebraska......and I'm confident now that that is where I need to be. I'm enjoying my season away, but there's no doubt in my mind that Nebraska is home... and that is where I will return to in December.


It was SO GOOD to see my man. Friday we made dinner together and spent the evening catching up and enjoying the quietness of just the two of us....which was my favorite part of the entire weekend. The rest of my time was spent visiting loved ones over lunch, coffee, church, etc....my parents came to town to see my brother, Nate and I.....that was also really great. I was completely overwhelmed in church during worship- I forgot how much I love singing those great songs! It made me realize that I may need to try to find a church here that impacts me more than the ones I've been trying out..... I need to get involved and be growing spiritually; being challenged....

Here's a photo of me sleeping on the way home. Nate sent me with one of his sweatshirts- which, of course, smells like him.....and I can't leave it alone. I've been wearing it or smelling it ever since I left Panera on 48th & O....... :)
In other news, here are some pictures from school. I finally, (thanks to my wonderful big brother, James) have a regular camera- I don't have to carry my laptop around anymore to take pictures!!!! Here's the door to our room......with the kiddo's names on the apples.
This is our classroom- I know you've seen this before, but I thought I'd put it in for good measure.
Notice the sweet trees hanging from the line in front of the window- these are an art project from Friday....showing the fall leaves on the trees.
Here's a closer shot.
Something I noticed about Nebraska is that it isn't fall there yet. Here we've got misty evenings with wet streets and orange glowing streetlamps....weather perfect for wearing your boyfriend's big comfy sweatshirt around..... :)

This is a picture of the wall of autobiographies that they wrote for me. We worked on these for a couple of weeks...they turned out really cute.


This morning we got our new classroom pets- a toad and a newt...salamander or something. The toad is beautiful! Look at his belly......very pretty.
And here they are being buddies.....pretty cute little guys. The kids were really excited.
So, I didn't realize that there are so many people who read my blog. I had no idea. Now I'm feeling like I should be a little better about posting......just another boost of encouragement. :) Thanks to all of you who do read.....it's nice to know that people are still curious, even though I'm so far away. It really means a lot.

I'm off to write lesson plans. It was wonderful to see everyone this weekend.....and those of you who I missed, (Melissa.....Meg....) you know who you are, and I'm very sorry.....early service was calling my name. Hope to catch you for coffee next time. :)

lots of love from the fall-filled state of Wisconsin....

No comments:

Post a Comment